Enabling you to assist clients to overcome extreme anxiety so they can experience freedom from fear of conception, pregnancy or traumatic birth
- Saturday, 23rd July 2022 09:15 to 13:15 (Chilworth)
- Where: Chilworth Manor, University Parkway, Chilworth SO16 7PT
Refreshments are included and a CPD certificate of attendance will be available.
Tokophobia is a pathological dread and avoidance of childbirth. It is a distressing condition which can often be overlooked by medical professionals. As well as specific phobias and anxiety, tokophobia may be associated with depression and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Fear of childbirth is common and more intense in pregnant women who have not had a previous experience of childbirth. Over 20% of pregnant women report fear and 6% describe a fear that is disabling. Altogether 13% of women who are not pregnant report fear of childbirth sufficient to postpone or avoid pregnancy.
This is a 4 hours CPD course for professionals to assist clients to overcome extreme anxiety so they can experience freedom from fear of conception, pregnancy or a traumatic birth experience.
The benefits for your clients
easibirthing® is a registered trademark (the only one in the field in the UK) and any practitioner using this trademark has been fully trained and qualified, a reassurance for potential clients. Your knowledge will help clients:
- Be free from fear which could otherwise rule their life decisions about parenthood
- Be free from perceived restrictions on choices about their future
- Learn strategies to empower rather than feel helpless
- Feel listened to and understood in a safe environment
- Process and reframe previous trauma to manage risk of re-traumatisation
What the people say...
"Thank you so much for the course, it was fantastic. As always, your passion and knowledge is inspiring and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I could learn from you all day” ~ Carlie
"Dear Sharon, I can only imagine the time and effort you put into setting up this quality training. Clearly a labour of love!” ~ Irene
"I just wanted to say thanks so much for the Tokophobia course. The material was informative and fascinating. You deliver it in such a knowledgeable & empathetic way” ~ Charlie